I made these leg ties up a few years back for myself. Nothing fancy. I have always wanted to try and add some bead work to them, so here they are. I have never done bead work before and who knows they may fall off the first time in the woods. Time will tell.
This is a nicely made copper flask that is tinned lined, (maker unknown) no leaks. I bought the flask and added the leather cover to it. The leather cover is made from 3oz. veg. tanned leather, hand stitch with waxed linen thread. Hand tooled and dyed a dark brown, treated with neats-foot oil and bee's wax. This will make a great pocket flask and it's small enough to tuck away in your pack. (3" wide by 4" tall by 1 1/2" )
For this fall I have been able to get to the woods for some hunting three different times so far. In the three times out I was able to take one fox squirrel, the opportunity was there to take my limit of five but I chose not to. Other times I was trying my luck at taking a wild turkey for the fall. Again no luck there but, was able to work and watch different flocks and hopefully learn something from it. So this Sunday, November 15 th , is Michigan opening day for the gun season. This year I will be fortunate to be able to take to the woods and try my luck at a Michigan whitetail buck on opening day. This is something that I haven’t been able to do in a very long time, maybe twenty years or so. I always waited until the opening of the muzzleloading season to start in December. Don't forget to wear your hunters orange. So I have my kit ready to go, my fowler is clean and a new flint added. I am ready and whether I am able to take a buck or not, I will still enjoy my time spent hu...
Comments
Post a Comment